Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Ladybird

little_ladybird
Little red insect with black head and black spots on its wing covers

My daughter adores ladybirds. I do too! It was no question I am going to make one for her sooner than later. This version has no legs and no antennae, but cute with black tummy and black little head, big dreamy eyes, a smiling mouth, and six black spots.

I used this ladybird video (the written pattern is in the link) as a template, but instead of gluing on plastic eyes I crocheted the eyes as well. I sewed the eyes and the spots at the end but next time I will sew these on before stuffing. I wasn't sure how to arrange seven spots, so I just sewed on six.

EE was very happy to have this little ladybird. She plays with it daily. And this scarlet ladybird won't be alone for long. There is someone else coming to play...

No comments:

Post a Comment